16 Tenses With Example
What is tenses?
Tenses is method used to refer to time. Basically there are three main tenses, they are present, past and future. Below are all tenses used in English.
1. Simple Present Tense
Formula : S + V1
Example : The Sun rises in the east.
Example : The Sun rises in the east.
Usage : Routines, facts, events nowadays.
2. Present Continous Tense
Formula : S + to be(is am are) + V1-ing/present participle
Usage : Ongoing activity.
Example : I am going to Gunadarma University now by car.
3. Present Perfect Tense
Formula : S + have/has + V3
Example : I have arrived in the class.
Example : I have arrived in the class.
Usage : Activity or situation that has started in the past and has been completed or still continues today.
4. Present Perfect Continous Tense
Formula : S + have/has + been + V-ing
Example : We have been studying English for two hour.
Example : We have been studying English for two hour.
Usage : Express the action on the present conditions that has been completed in the past or action has been started in the past and continues today.
5. Simple Past Tense
Formula : S + V2
Example : She went to home at 5 PM.
Example : She went to home at 5 PM.
Usage : Activity that happened in the past.
6. Past Continous Tense
Formula : S + was/were + V1-ing
Example : We were playing football last month.
Example : We were playing football last month.
Usage : Express that an action is happening at a particular time in the past.
7. Past Perfect Tense
Formula : S + had + V3
Example : We had played Dota 2 when you came.
Example : We had played Dota 2 when you came.
Usage : Action has been completed at some point in the past before another action occurs.
8. Past Perfect Continous Tense
Formula : S + had + been + V-ing
Example : The workers had been working on the building when we arrived.
Example : The workers had been working on the building when we arrived.
Usage : Used to express an action (with a specific time duration) has been completed at some point in time in the past.
9. Simple Future Tense
Formula : S + to be(will) + Complement
Example : I will go to his home later.
Example : I will go to his home later.
Usage : To tell action that takes place in the future.
10. Future Continous Tense
Formula : S + to be(will) + be + V1-ing
Example : I will be going to his home at 7 AM.
Example : I will be going to his home at 7 AM.
Usage : The action that will be going on at a certain time in the future.
11. Future Perfect Tense
Formula : S + to be(will) + have + V3
Example : I will have ate all the cake tomorrow.
Example : I will have ate all the cake tomorrow.
Usage : An activity will have been completed at a point in time in the future.
12. Future Perfect Continous Tense
Formula : S + to be(will) + have + been + V1-ing
Example : I will have been writting the letter when the teacher come.
Example : I will have been writting the letter when the teacher come.
Usage : Action that would have been going on for so long at specific points in the future.
13. Simple Past Future Tense
Formula : S + to be2(would) + Complement
Example : Barcelona would win the game.
Example : Barcelona would win the game.
Usage : Action to be performed, make predictions, and make an appointment in the future at the moment is past.
14. Past Future Continous Tense
Formula : S + to be2(would) + be + present participle
Example : They would be going if you didn't come in time.
Example : They would be going if you didn't come in time.
Usage : Express action or imaginary ongoing situation unreal if his condition is met (present continuous conditional ~ conditional sentence type 2 with continuous tense).
15. Past Future Perfect Tense
Formula : S + to be(would) + have + V3
Example : I would have gone.
Example : I would have gone.
Usage : Past future perfect tense to talk about an action that is not the case in the past.
16. Past Future Perfect Continous Tense
Formula : S + to be(would) + have + been + present participle
Example : You would have been listening if we came.
Example : You would have been listening if we came.
Usage : Action or imaginary situation is in progress at a certain point or during certain periods in the past.

Komentar
Posting Komentar